Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 3- the weekend

The weekend is my favourite part of the week being here at RPA. The reason why, is because I get a gate pass. This allows me to go out for a couple of hours each weekend day to somewhere close-ish to the hospital.

The past weekend we did the following activities.

Friday night: Sam took me out to dinner in New Town to 'African Feeling', the food was so nice, like being in Africa again... and the ugali was all I expected it to be and more. I will go back before I leave here. Pity they are only open during the evenings.

Saturday: Saturday Ava was out being her usual social self at her Grandma's work xmas party, where she had a great time. After that Sam brought her up here. We went to Westfield Burwood where we stalked down Santa to get our photo with him. Ava didn't want t o line up and kept walking up to Santa, but stayed far enough away that she was not too close. When is was time for our photo, she was not so keen on Santa. She started pulling my top down to expose me, so she had to go to Sam. Santa would not let Sam sit on him, as he 'would break his legs'. What a joke, he had two larger ladies sit on his lap at the same time, which I am sure weighted a lot more than Sam.

After Santa photo, we went for a walk, got a snack to share, Ava some cute lil sandals and some fruit. By this time Ava was extremely tired. So we headed back to RPA, Ava had a power nap, dinner and a quick shower. Sam and Ava went to stay in Cronulla with Aunty Tess and Uncle Nat.

Sunday: Today we went to the Sydney Aquarium with Ava's Nanna (Debbie) and Poppy (David). This was fun. Ava enjoyed looking and pointing at the fishies. After this we went to the pub near RPA for a quick lunch as Ava was getting tired and cranky and David (Poppy) was hanging to get home to the porch. Debbie and David left, while Sam and Ava walked me up to my room. Sam collected my dirty washing and Ava found something to snack on. Then they went home as Ava was very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment