Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How I ended up here.

I thought I should start the blog off with explaining the purpose of this blog and how I ended up in RPA.

The purpose of the blog is to tell people whats happening, allow me to let out my frustrations from being in here and to give me something to do.

About 2.5 weeks again (I was 24 weeks pregnant at the time), I had a huge bleed. Not knowing what to do, we called my mother to come watch Ava. Sam took me up to the local hospital. Once we got there we were straight in. After two needles put into my arm and two hours of sitting I was in an ambulance to Wollongong Hospital. Once there we were taken up to birthing unit where I was given more needles, the midwife 'needed' to have a look inside me, and seen the doctor. The staff basically told us that we may loose the baby, and will be transfered to Sydney when they can get me a bed. The following day I had two ultrasounds, on internal and one external. Not very pleasant at all.

Not long after lunch I was transfered to RPA Hospital in Sydney. I was taken to birthing unit here where I was given some food, and got to talk to more doctors.
We were basically told that intensive care is not usually given to babies under 25 weeks, and week 25 was a grey week.

Later that night I was moved up stair to my room/cell. I was lucky enough to get my own room.

I will leave this here and continue the story in the next post.

WARNING: I will not be using technical terms, just the 'dumbed' down ones the staff use to explain stuff to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment